ACM LIFTING LIVES® LAUNCHES EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR SEARCH
Search Committee Posts Job, Seeks Applicants
ENCINO, CA (August 15, 2018) – The ACM Lifting Lives® Board of Directors and its Search Committee has announced the posting of its open Executive Director position and issued a call for applicants. The abbreviated listing can be viewed below and the full listing can be viewed here. Applicants are encouraged to submit materials to firstname.lastname@example.org and direct inquiries to email@example.com. The deadline for applications is Oct. 1.
“The Academy of Country Music and ACM Lifting Lives have a rich history of giving back, and our longstanding relationships in the industry have made ACM Lifting Lives a household name in the country music community," said ACM Lifting Lives Chairman, Debbie Carroll, "ACM Lifting Lives charitable endeavors give meaning to everything the Academy of Country Music touches, and we are excited for a new Executive Director to help grow the ACM Lifting Lives brand and help further its mission."
ACM Lifting Lives Executive Director Job Posting:
Position Title: Executive Director
Reports To: President, ACM Lifting Lives
Primary Responsibilities (see above link to job description for full details):
- Development & Fundraising: Raises funds and furthers relationships with new and existing donors, sponsors and commercial co-venture partners, in collaboration with board and ACM staff.
- Execution: Employs the assets of ACM Lifting Lives, a 501(c)(3) California Nonprofit Public Benefit Corporation, as well as organizational relationships, to meet qualifying needs.
- Vision: Active participation as a key executive team member in developing and guiding the organization's strategic direction.
- Leadership: Engages and inspires Academy staff in the work of ACM Lifting Lives, in conjunction with the CEO, in balance with their Academy duties. Likewise, nurtures professional relationships that enlist ongoing support from artists and their teams.
- Provide funding and administrative support for ACM Lifting Lives and related charitable activities.
- Collaborate with Executive Committee in developing long-term vision and strategic plan.
Experience, Knowledge & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Successful non-profit development experience
- Strong verbal and written communication, organizational and ambassadorial skills in balance with an empathetic disposition toward people in need
- Professional demeanor to engage multiple constituencies as public spokesperson
- Flexibility, attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines in multitask environment
Working Environment & Conditions: The position is based in the Academy of Country Music headquarters in Encino, Calif. The position requires frequent overnight travel, particularly to Nashville and Las Vegas/event sites.
About ACM Lifting Lives®
ACM Lifting Lives® is the philanthropic arm of the Academy of Country Music dedicated to improving lives through the power of music. Through partnerships with artists and strong ties in the music industry, ACM Lifting Lives develops and funds music-related therapy and education programs, and serves members of the community who face unexpected hardships through its Diane Holcomb Emergency Relief Fund. Generous donations and the support of artists and fans ensure ACM Lifting Lives is able to fund everything from disaster relief and helping communities in need, to music education in schools and music camps for those with disabilities, to supporting programs that use music therapy as a means to help our veterans and wounded warriors, while providing grants to help them ease back into life. For more information, please visit www.ACMLiftingLives.org.
About the Academy of Country Music®
Founded in Southern California in 1964, the ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC (ACM) is a fan-focused artist and industry-driven organization, providing the financial resources to ensure the ongoing philanthropic work of ACM LIFTING LIVES, the charitable arm of the Academy which works to improve lives through the power of music. The Academy has a rich history in the entertainment industry, having been founded when Southern California was a hotbed of emerging country music and when Westerns were a staple of television programing and film production. Comprised of more than 4,900 professional members nationwide, the Academy is headquartered in Encino, Calif. For more information, log onto www.ACMcountry.com or www.ACMLiftingLives.org.
# # #
Academy of Country Music
Brooke Primero / Melissa Moldovan