THE BAND PERRY, SARA EVANS, JOHN FOGERTY, THE JANEDEAR GIRLS, LITTLE BIG TOWN, ASHLEY MONROE AND ANGALEENA PRESLEY
TO PERFORM AT GIRLS’ NIGHT OUT: SUPERSTAR WOMEN OF COUNTRY –
THE CONCERT OF THE YEAR TAPING SET FOR MONDAY, APRIL 4, 2011
AT THE MGM GRAND GARDEN ARENA IN LAS VEGAS
THE JUDDS, MIRANDA LAMBERT, LORETTA LYNN
MARTINA MCBRIDE, JENNIFER NETTLES, REBA & CARRIE UNDERWOOD
TO BE HONORED
New Performers Join Jason Aldean, Ronnie Dunn, Rascal Flatts, Vince Gill & Blake Shelton To Perform Alongside And Pay Tribute To Honorees
* * * * *
Tickets On Sale NOW at Ticketmaster.com for Taping of CBS Television Network Special
To Air Friday, April 22nd
Encino, CA (March 31, 2011) - The Academy of Country Music and dick clark productions announced today that The Band Perry, Sara Evans, John Fogerty, the JaneDear girls, Little Big Town, Ashley Monroe and Angaleena Presley will join the slate of previously announced country superstars at Girls’ Night Out: Superstar Women of Country - The Concert of the Year taping on Monday, April 4, 2011 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, which will air on Friday, April 22, 2011 from 9:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT on the CBS Television Network. The evening will honor The Judds, Miranda Lambert, Loretta Lynn, Martina McBride, Jennifer Nettles, Reba and Carrie Underwood.
Throughout the concert, each presenter will perform a solo – and occasionally a duet – with their honoree. Rock legend John Fogerty will perform with The Judds, and 2011 ACM Award nominee Little Big Town will accompany Martina McBride. Newcomer Country Music singer-songwriters Ashley Monroe and Angaleena Presley will join Miranda Lambert onstage. The evening will also boast special performances by 2011 ACM Award winner for New Vocal Duo or Group of the Year The Band Perry, 2011 ACM Award nominee the JaneDear girls, and ACM Award-winning recording artist Sara Evans.
Previously announced duets include Ronnie Dunn with Jennifer Nettles, Rascal Flatts with Reba,Vince Gill with Carrie Underwood, as well as special performances by Jason Aldean and Blake Shelton. Girls’ Night Out: Superstar Women of Country - The Concert of the Year is a special tribute concert featuring an A-list lineup of performers paying respect to today’s most incredible country music female artists, all of whom will be honored with unique accolades from the Academy for special achievements in their careers. Ticket sales from the special will benefit ACM Lifting Lives®, the charitable arm of the Academy.
Girls’ Night Out: Superstar Women of Country - The Concert of the Year honorees include:
- The Judds - Will be recognized for being the ACM’s most award-winning female duo having won Vocal Duo of the Year seven years in a row, 1984 – 1990 and Song of the Year in 1984 for “Why Not Me.”
- Miranda Lambert – Will be recognized for being the only female artist in the Academy’s history to ever win Album of the Year, twice, first for Crazy Ex-Girlfriend in 2007 and again for Revolution in 2009.
- Loretta Lynn – Will be recognized for her amazing 50-year career as a leading female artist in country music, which includes being the only female artist to win Artist of the Decade, Entertainer of the Year and Female Vocalist of the Year.
- Martina McBride – Will be recognized by ACM Lifting Lives for her dedication to raising social consciousness of domestic violence and encourage female empowerment through her music. She is a three-time Female Vocalist and was also awarded The Home Depot Humanitarian Award in 2004 for her charitable work.
- Jennifer Nettles – Will be recognized for being one of only two female artists in the Academy's history to ever solo write and perform the winning Song of the Year, in 2007, with "Stay."
- Reba – Will be recognized for winning Female Vocalist more times than any other artist in the Academy’s history – a whopping seven times.
- Carrie Underwood – Will be recognized for being the only female artist in the Academy’s history to ever win Entertainer of the Year, twice, first in 2008 and again in 2009 (she is the reigning Entertainer of the Year, since Awards recognize the previous calendar year’s work.) Underwood has won Female Vocalist three times and has won a total of ten ACM Awards.
Tickets for Girls’ Night Out: Superstar Women of Country - The Concert of the Year are on sale NOW at Ticketmaster, priced at $200, $150, $100. Ticket proceeds will go to ACM Lifting Lives.
For more information on Girls’ Night Out or the ACM Awards, visit ACMcountry.com or follow us on Twitter at @ACMawards for more immediate updates!
Girls’ Night Out: Superstar Women of Country - The Concert of the Year
The Academy of Country Music’s Girls’ Night Out: Superstar Women of Country - The Concert of the Year is dedicated to honoring today’s most incredible female country music performers: The Judds, Miranda Lambert, Loretta Lynn, Martina McBride, Jennifer Nettles, Reba and Carrie Underwood. The show is produced for television by dick clark productions and will be taped at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas Monday, April 4, 2011 at 7:30 PM PT, to air on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 9:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT on the CBS Television Network. Orly Adelson and R.A. Clark are executive producers. Barry Adelman is producer, and Bob Bardo is the executive in charge of production. Bob Romeo is executive producer for the Academy of Country Music. Ticket sales from the special will benefit ACM Lifting Lives®. For more information, please visit www.acmcountry.com.