ACM Lifting Lives® Funding Guidelines 2020
ACM Lifting Lives® is dedicated to improving lives through the power of music. Specifically through our grant cycle, we fund programs that promote healing through the power of music. Only IRS tax exempt 501(c)(3) entities are eligible for funding through our grant cycle.
Lifting Lives Grants Fund:
- Music therapy or programs facilitating healing through music
- Purchase or repair of musical instruments (as it relates to therapeutic programs)
- Purchase or repairs of music-related equipment (equipment includes, but is not limited to, computers, software and recording equipment) (as it relates to therapeutic programs)
Lifting Lives Grants Do NOT Fund:
- Fundraisers or endowments
- Organizations not based in the United States
- Purchase of collections
- Recording projects, demo tapes or performance events for commercial purposes
- Proposals for commercial purposes (such as CD reissues or textbook/A/V package)
- Competitions or any expense associated with competitions
- Marketing, publicity or design costs
- Capital Campaigns
Types of Programs Include:
Music as Therapy
- Music programs for special needs schools and camps
- Music programs for emotional and mental health well-being
- Music therapy programs in hospices and hospitals
- Music instruments & music programs for those with disabilities
- Music therapy programs in retirement homes and nursing centers
- Musical instruments & music programs for the military
- Music-related relief programs in communities devastated by natural disasters
Notwithstanding the forgoing, the ACM Lifting Lives® Grant Committee shall make final determinations in the interest of perpetuating the mission of ACM Lifting Lives.
The ACM Lifting Lives® Board of Directors reviews grant applications once a year.
*THE 2020 GRANT APPLICATION IS NOW CLOSED. DETAILS ABOUT THE 2021 GRANT APPLICATION WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE LATER IN THE YEAR.*
- Each organization may send only one (1) funding application for one (1) program to be funded through ACM Lifting Lives in any given year.
- ACM Lifting Lives® desires that programs applying for Lifting Lives grants make best efforts to meet the Better Business Bureau Wise Giving Standards (available at http://www.bbb.org/us/Charity-Standards/).
- One hard copy of the grant application must be received by the ACM Lifting Lives® office on or before October 1, 2019. It is the responsibility of applicants to ensure that applications have been received by the ACM Lifting Lives® office in their entirety.
- Applications must be typed or reformatted on computer. Please include questions and question numbers and use 8.5’ x 11” paper, 12 pt, non-condensed font, single-sided; fasten materials with paper clips and not staples, please.
- Facsimile copies, incomplete or late applications will not be considered. Duplicate applications may be submitted electronically, but the ACM Lifting Lives® office will only consider an application timely if a hard copy of the application has been received by the above deadline.
- Notification of grant decisions will be made on or before November 22, 2019. (No phone calls, please.)
- Grant amounts generally range from $5,000 to $10,000.
- Grant requests showing the greatest financial need and serving at risk populations will be given preference.
- Grantees must formally credit ACM Lifting Lives® in all published materials, announcements and websites.
A final report is due to ACM Lifting Lives® within 90 days of project completion date. It should consist of a 300 word summary focusing on the results, importance and impact of the project and the manner in which the Lifting Lives grant was utilized. Please submit the report as a Word document in a 12 pt. non-condensed font. Additional attachments including results, articles publications and press are welcome.ACM Lifting Lives® reserves the right to forego awarding grants in any given year without notification.